Tara is the adventerous of the two sisters. She likes
FairyTale Sanctuary is located in Pravljica, 10 KM from Ljubljana, in an environment surrounded by forests, water and mountains.
We offer the possibility of being able to live day by day in a farm animal sanctuary. Living with animals that have been rescued from exploitation and knowing first-hand how they interact with each other, seeing the bonds of friendship that they establish between different species, and the resilience they have after having suffered a life of slavery.
The work is done inside the center. Volunteering is 5 days a week, approximately 6 hours per day, depending on the volume of work, arrival of new animals or patient care. It is an outdoor job, so you have to be willing to work in inclement weather, to stain yourself, get up early, ultimately get involved with animals. It is an intense and hard volunteering, but very comforting and positive.
You will work with different species: goats, cows, bulls, horses, pigs, chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, pigeons, dogs, cats, etc. Each one with its character, with its adaptation process, with which it is necessary to know how to respect each individual to avoid unnecessary stress.
Minimum one month.
Pravljica, 10 KM from Ljubljana, Slovenia.
– Being over 18 years.
– Animal and nature lover.
– Responsible, serious and hard-working.
– To be in good physical shape.
– Slovenian language or medium level of English.
– Dogs are not allowed, since animals move freely here and any new individual can cause stress or an accident.
The tasks are very varied: feeding the animals, cleaning the facilities, gardening, working outdoor in all weather conditions, helping with the maintenance and improvement of the facilities, caring for the sick, etc.
– Accommodation with hot indoor showers and flushing toiredddddddddf1lets in the Sanctuary. Shared small kitchen in the guess house.
– Electricity, water, gas and internet consumption (only cable Ethernet).
– Food during working days.
– Travel expenses to the center or transfers.
– Health insurance.
– Food on your free day
If you want to participate, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org